In June of 1950, Salvatore Mazzone opened a store measuring no bigger than 10 x 15 at 480 Court St. Salvatore, a painter and paperhanger by trade, would be out most of the day painting and hanging wallpaper while Louise, his wife, would stay at the store and take orders for work to be done by Salvatore. In the early 1960s, an opportunity arose to purchase property about a block away, at 470 Court St. This site, the current location of Mazzone Ace Hardware, allowed Salvatore to carry many more items for retail sale. Unfortunately, in 1971 Salvatore passed away and the store was transferred to his son Vincent. After completing a major remodel of the entire building, Vincent expanded the business even further. By joining Mazzone Ace Hardware, Vincent made a strong commitment to become a serious force in the retail hardware business.
In 2003, Mazzone Ace Hardware underwent a major renovation. The store was completely emptied. New floors, lighting, computers and display racks were installed throughout the entire store in a time period of twenty days! At the same time, a garden center was added to the side of their property. This remodel allowed Mazzone Ace Hardware to remain highly competitive in an ever changing marketplace. We have made a strong commitment to constantly improve our business by providing convenience, competitive pricing, and highly competent service to our customers. We take great pride in the accomplishments we have already made and look forward to continuously changing for the better in the future.